Monday, April 14, 2008

The Lord knows every step we take.....

You know that verse I shared with you the other day? Well, the Lord knew that it was an appropriate verse for this week of my life. My husband works so that I can stay home with the boys and homeschool. For a while he was cleaning as extra work on the side for a supplemental income at the establishment where he works. Today he was told that they wouldn't need his cleaning services any longer. He would still have his regular job, just not the extra income. Thing is, he had been taking 32-35 hrs instead of 45-50hrs a week because of this extra job. He was a little discouraged when he called me to tell me. But you know the Lord gave me peace about it. When I hung up the phone with him I added up the difference between what he makes now at 32-35hrs + cleaning and what he would make with 45-50hrs - cleaning. It came to a whopping difference of 167.00. Yes, that is 167.00 we probably could use....but it's not the end of the world either! So I'm praising the Lord that it seems that even though the extra won't be there we will still be just fine. We may have to cut back on some things but the Lord ALWAYS provides! He said he would supply all of our need.

I can't help but think that it's possible that God is fixing to open up that door we have been waiting on. The door to pastor/help pastor a church somewhere. The desire has been even stronger the last couple of weeks. The Lord has opened doors for us at the church where we presently attend, but I know that when the time is right everything will be worked out the way the Lord wants it worked out.

I will leave you with another verse that should speak comfort to you if you are going through a similar situation.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

AMEN!
Jenn

No comments: