Wednesday, April 9, 2008

DH is off today!

YEAH!!! I love it when dh is off during the week. Notonly does it give me time to see him but it gives the boys something different to do on those days. They hang out with Daddy. Of course, the added bonus is that if there is anything that I need to go somewhere and get I can go by myself. I usually have them with me and that's fine, but it's nice to get out by yourself once in a while. ;)

Well, I got some of my list done yesterday...I did as much laundry as possible, I schooled the kids, took them to karate, but I didn't get my kitchen the way I like it yesterday. I ended up going with a friend to look at a house that she wanted to rent. Hopefully she will find the right one for her family. I'm not going to post a to-do list today because dh is home and I usually don't get my goals done on those days. hmmm I wonder why? LOL

I hope that if you have never read the book "Homeschooling With a Meek and Quiet Spirit " by Teri Maxwell that you go down to the next post and comment to get in on the giveaway! I would love for someone who has never read it to get it. I know it would be a blessing! Just scroll down!

I got thinking about the subject of submission last night as I was going to bed. I've been around so many ladies the last few years that think that the word submit is a bad word. I think what many ladies do not realize is that submit is more than just a word....it's an attitude of the heart. Just like humility, or pride, these are more than just acts or thoughts or words....they are attitudes of our hearts. We can choose to be humble or proud just as we can choose to be submissive or rebellious! Last night, as I was thinking about this subject this recipe came to my mind.

Recipe for Submission

You will need:

1/2 lb of obedience
1 cup of humility
1 cup of respect
1 T of grace
1 T of mercy
1 T of patience
Lots of LOVE

Combine obedience, humility, and respect. Mix well. Then mix in grace, mercy, and patience. Cover with LOTS of LOVE and bake for the rest of your marriage!

I'll leave you with that thought!

Jenn

No comments: